Canal with lock and road curving through glen with wooded hills on either side. Ruined cottage in foreground at foot of steep scrubby hillside. Two groups of large huts connected by a road on far hillside with fields around.
The camp was also known as the Ministry of Labour Instructional Training Centre and later as the Forestry Commission Camp.
The Crinan Canal, connecting Loch Fyne and Sound of Jura, was surveyed by James Watt (1736-1819) and built to John Rennie's plans between 1793 and 1801. It is 9 miles long with 15 locks.
Picture added on 08 February 2007