Retirement of HGTAC chairman
David Foot, Surrey, has provided this image of a gathering of Home Grown Timber Advisory Committee members and Forestry Commission headquarters staff to mark the retirement of Sir Mark Russell as the chair of the Home Grown Timber Advisory Board (HGTAC) around 1996.
From left to right.
1. Peter Murray - Timber merchant
2. David Bills - Director General Forestry Commission
3. Sir Mark Russell – HGTAC Chair
4. John Brasier - Forest Products Research Lab in Princes Risborough and did work on stress grading.
5 Roger Clarke - probably RSPB at this time.
6 John Fletcher - Conservator SW(E)
8. Peter Wilson - Head of the TGUK office and later FICGB.
9. David Foot - Commissioner
10. Frank Strang - secretary to Forestry Commissioners
Any suggestions as to the name of No 7 would be very welcome.
Picture added on 03 February 2019 at 20:29