Senior Forestry Commission Staff
Photograph courtesy of David Foot, Surrey who believes this photograph was taken around late 1984 to early 1985.
It is not clear whether this is Dunblane or Peebles Hydro can anyone say?
Adding job titles is quite difficult as many people occupied at least two different posts between 1984 and their retirement, and some of the job titles changed at least once during the period. Below is an attempt to record them as around early 1985. See laege image.
1 David Foot – Director of Harvesting and Marketing
2. David Grundy-Director Planning and Surveys
3. Steve Quigley - Later Head HM Division
4. David Burdekin. Later Chief Research Officer at Alice Holt
5 Bob Cathie - Conservator N Scotland (retired July 1985)
7. George Taylor - Conservator S Scotland
8. Roger Herbert - HQ Private Woodlands
9. Tony Spencer - Conservator NE England
10. Colin Torquand – Controller of Finance
12. Charles Simmonds. Head of Personnel Div.
13. Eddie Arthurs - Head of IT HQ
14 Jim Atterson - Conservator W Scotland
15. John Fletcher - Conservator SW England and Dean Forest
16. Roger Hay. Chief Engineer
17. Alan Rix - Conservator NE England
18. Andy Neustein - Head of Silviculture and later Chief Research Officer North
19. Alistair Rowan – Director of Private Forestry and Services (from April 1985)
21. Sandy Morrison -Director Land Use and Planning ( Cons. Mid Scot from 7/85
22. John Aldhous – Head of Silviculture
23. Richard Illingworth - Chief Land Agent
24. Rod Hewitt – Conservator East Eng.
25. David Seal - Head of research at NRS before Andy Neustein.
26. Arnold Grayson – Director of Research
27. Gwyn Francis - Commissioner
28. George Holmes - Director General
29. Sir David Montgomery. FC Chairman
30. Derek Rutherford - Commissioner A&F (From Nov 1984)
31. John Kennedy - Commissioner FM (Died July 1985)
32. David Robertson - Conservator Wales
33. Roger Bradley - Commissioner H&M
Any more names and details would be very welcome.
Picture added on 01 December 2018 at 08:09