Working at Forestry Commission Houses Strathyre
Photograph courtesy of William Fleming, Polmont who worked in Strathyre Forest as an apprentice Forest Craftsman and retrieved this image from an unknown local magazine.
The men are digging a drain behind the Forestry Commission Houses at Strathyre now known as Balvaig Cottages and individually named as Elwyn, Tigh-meagham and Mo-Dhachaidh circa 1946
It is actually two German prisoners of war helping Willy Macleod and Fred Menzies (right) dig the deep drain.
Any more details and also name of original photographer would be very welcome.
Picture added on 30 November 2018 at 08:45