George Dey Forestry Collection
A selection of forestry photographs taken by George Dey from 1950s through to the 2000s. The original images have been gifted to Aberdeen University. He was posted to the East Conservancy (Scotland) mainly covering Drumtochty and the Angus Glens Forests from 1950 to 1955; West Conservancy covering Eredine to Glenorchy Forests from 1955 to 1965; South Wales from 1965 to 1970; District officer at Banchory from 1970 - 1976 (last 3 years as Acquisitions Officer); from 1976 as District Officer based in North Scotland at Dingwall covering the western districts up to Skye. He retired in 1984.
Permission for publication of these photographs must be sought from the copyright holders: University of Aberdeen
Culbin Forest circa 1932
The images are courtesy of the family of late George Dey. George took a great many photographs from ...